I am a researcher in computer science at the Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems (COMSYS) at RWTH Aachen University. In June 2018, I started working at the Security and Privacy group. My current research focuses on security & privacy in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) as part of the the cluster of excellence (CoE) “Internet of Production” as well as on privacy enhancing technologies (PETs) in general. Besides, I am deputy workstream coordinator for the CRD-A Workstream I in the CoE.
Beforehand, I passed my Master of Science with excellence (with honors) at RWTH Aachen University. In 2015, I was an intern at SECAN-Lab, University of Luxembourg with Dr. Andriy Panchenko (now full professor for IT-Security at Brandenburg University of Technology). In 2014, I was an exchange student at School of Science, Aalto University for one academic year. In 2014, I also passed my Bachelor of Science with excellence (with honors) at RWTH Aachen University. In addition, I was awarded member of the dean’s list (best 5% of students in CS) in 2013/2014 and 2015/2016.
I worked as a teaching assistant for two semesters at Embedded Software, RWTH Aachen University in 2012 and 2013. From April 2016 to May 2018, I was working as a research assistant for the TRINICS project at COMSYS, RWTH Aachen University. In the meantime, I was supporting freshman as part of my mentoring job at Department of Computer Science, RWTH Aachen University for two years (2012 to 2014). Prior to and after my exchange year, I supported local Erasmus students as part of the BeBuddy and AEGEE tutoring projects.
Awards & Achievements
- IACR/RWC Stipend (travel expenses for Real World Crypto 2020) [Jan. ’20]
- Springorium Commemorative Coin [Sep. ’18]
- TDWI Award 2018 (master thesis) [Jun. ’18]
- Google Europe Scholarship 2018 for students with disabilities [May ’18]
- Undergraduate Travel Grant (travel expenses for MobiQuitous 2017) [Nov. ’17]
- Certified ScrumMaster [Jan. ’17]
- Dean’s List 2015/2016 (top 5%) [Jan. ’17]
- HLI and Genecloud Award for 2016 iDASH Genome Privacy & Security Competition [Nov. ’16]
- Dean’s List 2013/2014 (top 5%) [Dec. ’14]
- ERASMUS+ Grant (student exchange to Finland) [Aug. ’14]
- Germany Scholarship (annually awarded) [Oct. ’14, ’15, ’16]